Kirjoittaja Aihe: A little problem...  (Luettu 7250 kertaa)

Schmeichel20

• Maalivahti
  • Baka
  • Olen Kiinalainen...
    • Profiili
A little problem...
« : Tammikuu 19, 2013, 12:30:33 »
How do I add the suffix '-ssa' in equal to the preps in English? Can someone give me some examples?
pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=5178112\n
那个pixiv说了等于白说\n
这两句中文说了也等于白说\n
Never care about the Chinese above

Selleri

• Kami
    • Profiili
Vs: A little problem...
« Vastaus #1 : Tammikuu 19, 2013, 13:15:39 »
a house = talo
someone = joku
it = se
car = auto
something = jokin

Someone's in a house = Joku on talossa

It's in the car = Se on autossa

Something's wrong with you = Sinussa on jokin vialla  (literally: Something's wrong within you)

If you need help with the language more often, I'll gladly offer my assistance. I'm somewhat fluent in English, possess some really basic conversational skills in a number of languages (including Mandarin), and would be thrilled to see if I could at least partially teach our language to a non-native speaker.

Though some sort of instantaneous chat would be faster than a thread on an internet forum, so if you want quick answers, something like that would be most convenient. GFW should pose no problem, since I even have an account on Tencent QQ.

Schmeichel20

• Maalivahti
  • Baka
  • Olen Kiinalainen...
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #2 : Tammikuu 19, 2013, 15:36:20 »
太好了!你竟然有qq
i believe you can read :P but if not it means 'So nice, you've got a qq account'.
so mine is 996961070 and it would be great for you to friend me. although i don't expect you to be online XD
pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=5178112\n
那个pixiv说了等于白说\n
这两句中文说了也等于白说\n
Never care about the Chinese above

Selleri

• Kami
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #3 : Tammikuu 19, 2013, 23:39:15 »
Added you, though I had trouble with your validation question at first. Wondered who the hell is Ling Meng :D

Hieda no Mukyuu

• Elle parle d’amour comme elle parle des vieux livres
  • Miko
  • Tuota... Muistanet merkitä lähteet?
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #4 : Tammikuu 30, 2013, 21:31:59 »
How do I add the suffix '-ssa' in equal to the preps in English? Can someone give me some examples?

Luultavasti Selleri on jo ehtinyt pitemmälle, mutta... huvin vuoksi:

Using the Finnish inessive suffix -ssa/-ssä can be tricky for a beginner, since it triggers the so-called consonant gradation (astevaihtelu) within the preceeding word stem. Further stem changes occur often (but not always) if the final sound of the word is e, i, l, n, r, s or t.

When there is no gradation, adding the suffix is relatively simple. Just mind the vowel harmony (vokaalisointu):

sana : sanassa

puro : purossa

kehä : kehässä

syy : syyssä

Etymologically old words ending with i undergo an -i > -e- stem change:

meri : meressä

Etymologically younger words do not:

siili : siilissä

banaani : banaanissa

Etymologically old words ending with l or r take an additional -e- to connect the ending, since -ssa/-ssä can never be added to a word-final consonant:

kyynel : kyynelessä

Etymologically old words ending with n or t have belonged to the same group at some point, but in modern Finnish, additional changes take place. t disappears in the process, while n gets replaced with m:

kevyt : kevyessä

avain : avaimessa

...Frankly, I had forgotten that Finnish morphology was this complex. I still have not reached the consonant gradation.

Schmeichel, if you feel like telling us how you have learned basics of Finnish, I would gladly read that. What kind of materials do you have access to? Have you ever attended any kind of a Finnish language course?

Onnea opintoihin! (opinto + plural -i- + illative -hin.)